Thursday, September 15, 2011

~Reveal Day!! Scraps of Darkness September Kit~



"I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference."
~Robert Frost~

This months Scraps of Darkness kit is called Passages and it's another must have!! The Passages kit features the gorgeous Et Cetera papers from Bo Bunny and World Traveler by Teresa Collins.  This is perfect for vintage, travel, grunge, and so much more!! So pretty!! I love the neutral colors and the distressed look of the paper along with the embellies!!

My first layout is based on the gorgeous sketch by Charlotte aka Suepup.  This layout features a photo of my daughter.  She is posing inside our huge barn.  I added some Dusty Attic Cogs, some loose beads, and one of my hand made grunge sticks.
Passages Sketch
I made this grunge stick using a chopstick, tulle, and my melting pot.  The cork butterflies were cut on my rolling die machine with the cork board included in the main kit.
 I added these Dusty Attic cog chippies and covered them in embossing powder.


Here's a close up shot of three of my girls.  If one of my brunette's was blonde they would make for a great Charlie's Angels lol.
 I used a template to create the white dots.  I just took a soft sponge and dabbed it into some gesso and went over my template.
 This chippie is coated with embossing powder that I used in my melting pot.
 Look at these cute little hangers made by 7 Gypsies.

 Two of my daughters just chill'n on my deck stairs.  I added the Dusty Attic frame and used one of the Dusty Attic skeleton clock pieces to mask n the corner.  Another funny thing about me is I call my children, chillins!  :D
I did a simple all over inking with Donna Salazar chalk inks and then used some Smooch paint to highlight the edges.

 Here is a close up of the masking and my pin for this months kit.

I love this photo of Rylee.  I created the background using masks and lots of inks.  I have a youtube video that you can check out which shows how to create similar backgrounds such as this.  Just look to the top of my page and click on the "videos" tab.

 This chippie and the following chippie are both Dusty Attic pieces from the Wrought Iron Decal Set.  I just coated this chippie with a very light coat of gold stickles.  No globbing.
 For this chippie I coated it with distress ink and used distress embossing powder to give it a rusted look.
 The white stamp was created by lightly coating my stamp with gesso.  Then I went over it again with brown chalk ink so it wasn't super bright white.
As always I will have more from Scraps of Darkness over the next few weeks. 
Thanks for stopping by and God Bless!!




6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Mandy...every creation is STUNNING and your girls are gorgeous! WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mandy, this kit is stunning and every page is more beautiful than the last.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously....these are absolutely knock my socks off phenomenal. Wow.....BEAUTIFUL work!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous - love the beauty one - FAVE for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are all just gorgeous, not only the layouts but amazing photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work with the kit Mandy, love the bg colors you created!!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails