Friday, December 18, 2009

Day 9 of 12 Days of Distressing - Stitching

Day 9 Distressed Stitching - I think that stitching can add a lot to a layout even if it's just a little bit. It's another one of those techniques that I feel people think is too perfect for a distressed layout. I think it can take a distressed layout to a whole new level. Ok so what is distressed stitching? To best sum it up, it's imperfect, destroyed, non uniformed, etc. Here are a couple of examples of some distressed stitching. This first layout was done with a machine. I stitched in white around the photo mat. I would stitch forward then reverse, then repeat a couple more times. I then went over the corners doing the same thing. I didn't worry about straight lines and that is honestly more difficult to do then straight stitching lol.
This particular layout I hand stitched with some cream colored twine. I punched little holes here and there along where I wanted to stitch and just went to town. I tied a couple of knots into other sections of the twine just to really throw off the lines.

There is so many ways to distress your stitching. Another way is to slightly tear apart or loosen some of the stitches. Ink a section of it to give it a stained look. Have fun with it! If you have a question feel free to leave it in the comments area and I will answer you back there as well. Thanks for looking!!

1 comment:

  1. I really like stitching on a page, but I'm afraid to give it a try. I think I should just practice on some scrap paper first. I'm really enjoying your 12 Days of Distressing. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails